Wednesday, October 22, 2008

AIM4Asia: On Mission to End Sex Trafficking in Cambodia

For Those Interested in Learning More and Hearing From Those who are Survivors of Sex-Trafficking...

"Mein is the oldest child in her family and she felt the burden of her family’s survival was hers to bear. She lived with her family in a Vietnamese community named Svay Pak just outside the capitol city of Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Svay Pak was and still is infamous for the sexual trafficking of girls, some as a young as five years old. Her family was living in abject poverty. “I saw the terrible situation of my family and I could not stand it; we were so poor…Everyday creditors would knock on our door and ask my mother to pay back the loans she had taken out to support our family, but we had no money to pay them back. My father was an alcoholic. He beat my mother and neglected my my younger brothers. He drank our family into debt. I could not stand to watch my mother cry. I decided to sell myself to the brothel. It was a hard decision. I was fourteen at the time..."  Read More...

Join me in praying for the prevention, rescue, justice and restoration for those enduring the horrors of sex-trafficking.  Our God is Mighty to Save... May HE show Himself Great among the nations!

No comments: