Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another Must-Read...

"...I found out everybody's different - the same kind of different as me.  We're all just regular folks walkin down the road God done set in front of us... The truth about it is, whether we is rich or poor or something in between, this earth ain't no final restin place.  So in a way, we is all homeless - just workin our way toward home."  (p. 235)

"For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.  Through him (Jesus) then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.  Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God."  Hebrews 13:14-16

2 comments:

KA said...

This book is a definite MUST READ. My best friend and I read it over Christmas and immeadiately passed it on to others.

SUNSHINE said...

I loved this book Kim! I bought a copy for MOm and she read it while we were in Ethiopia. I've got one for you...Embrace Me by Lisa Samson. It may just be one of my favorite fictional books in years.