Thursday, December 23, 2010

Another Birthday for James...

A picture and walk down memory lane from last year when James celebrated his first birthday home with us...
Fall 2009
Fall 2010
We celebrated James' 11th birthday this past Tuesday (a few days early since he is a Christmas baby) by roller skating with friends...



I especially enjoyed some time with some other moms as we watched the boys waddle around the rink...
Little sisters, Victoria and Angela got to tag along for the festivities while Jana and Eyasu were house ridden with the flu...

Such grace...
Another one of my ghettofabulous cakes...


Love these ladies... don't know how I would get anything done without Amy's help (pictured far left)... let me just tell you... she does it all...

James had a blast at his party saying it was the best birthday ever! Precious. As the evening approached I could see a worn out little boy... after a few more gifts at home...
including a small tool set from us...
and a little guitar from mamaw & papaw...
I took his temperature and discovered he was running a fever... hmmm...
And then Wednesday came... I too woke up feeling like someone was sitting on my chest and had filled my lungs with fluid... I finally got up and going on Thursday and took us to the doctor... Yep. We have the flu... My sweet husband, who had already taken these two days off of work (hallelujah!) just texted saying he'd spent more money on flu medicines than Christmas presents this year... It is what it is... now we are praying we are on the mend prior to flying to Virginia Christmas day... Meanwhile, we are counting our blessings of being together and celebrating Eyasu's first Christmas home... as he says, "Very Chritmas"!

1 comment:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Praying your family is on the mend for the upcoming holidays! Happy Birthday James!!! Wishing you many, many more.

Merry Christmas!!!