(learn more: www.PolarisProject.org)...
Working & Living Conditions...
1) is not free to leave or come and go as he or she wishes
2) is under 18 yrs and is providing commercial sex
3) is in commercial sex industry and has a pimp or manager
4) unpaid, paid very little or paid only through tips
5) recruited through false promises concerning nature of work
6) not allowed or able to speak for themselves - someone else insists on being present to translate
7) shows signs of physical or sexual abuse, restraint or torture
8) has few or no personal possessions
9) is fearful, anxious, submissive, tense, nervous
10) fearful or anxious about law enforcement
11) works excessively long or unusual hours
12) owes large debt and is unable to pay it off
13) not in control of his or her identification documents (passport/birth certificate)
14) appears malnourished and lacks health care
15) lack of knowledge of whereabouts and doesn't know what city he or she is in
"Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause." Isaiah 1:17
Today is National Human Trafficking Awareness Day. In fact this entire month is set aside as awareness month. How will you get involved in combatting what is a growing problem in our world? Here are some places to start...
Love146 to explore a list of social ministries & organizations actively addressing this issue
Justice Coffee THIS Saturday (January 15th) at Temple Baptist Church (WC126) at 9:00 AM to learn more about the issue and discover practical ways to get involved...
"The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you."