Monday, July 11, 2011

A Bit of a Blur...

Life has been so busy recently that I sometimes forget that I have a blog, ha ha... Perhaps it will settle soon. Meanwhile, here is a blurry memory of the past week:
Joshua went to the dentist last Tuesday for a cleaning, as well as X-rays to check the status of his two front teeth...
My sweet boy fell and broke his front two teeth at the transition house back in Ethiopia. We had a fabulous dentist (actually a couple dentists who were great) back in Hattiesburg who were doing everything they could to help save the teeth (by cleaning the roots, put temporary caps, etc...). Our latest check up here in Raleigh revealed the likelihood of losing one if not both of his front two permanent teeth. Kind of sad. I have a referral for an Endodontist now to determine the prognosis....

On another note, we found a wonderful coffee shop in Raleigh (perhaps one of many, but we are now a bit partial) called "Jubala Coffee"... Coffee is a staple for us, ha.
I had another "fail" by not taking any pictures (besides this one) of a short and sweet visit from my Ohio cousins. They came Saturday afternoon. We played cards, tee ball, took a tour of the seminary campus and historic Wake Forest, ate Italian food for dinner, and simply enjoyed the rare opportunity to just visit. Here is a bit of a blurry picture of our mean game of Phase 10...
Sunday was another blur... Tony preached 3 services at Vintage 21 (we joined him for the 3rd one downtown) and then took Joshua with him on a plane (two actually, not to mention they were bumped to first class) to StudentLife Camp at Orange Beach, AL... Meanwhile, I took my sweet cousin, Vivian, down to meet my sister, Priscilla, half way to Savannah, GA (where she lives). We met just south of Florence for the "exchange"... The oldest four watched movies the whole six hours of driving. I so enjoyed getting to visit with my 17 year old 2nd cousin on our way south. A treat.
Joshua is living the high life...
Flying first class... Mocha Frappuccinos (decaf of course:-)...
Tony and I have an ongoing joke on text messaging where we text pictures of what we're doing (or what our children who are with us are getting to do, ha). For example, Joshua above enjoying a frappuccino with a huge smile on his face....
So, today (which is still Monday), I texted all the good food we got to enjoy with my parents in town. Mom and Dad jumped in their car and came down Sunday night...
Smithfield BBQ...
Dairy Queen...


Tony texted back a picture of Joshua on a big ferris wheel. Not sure who wins, jk.
Mom and Dad hit the road back to Virginia around 6 PM. Then, by the graciousness of a friend who came to babysit (Neisha - you are the best!), I was able to join some of the IDC core team girls for some coffee and fellowship at, none other than, Jubala Coffee.


What a gift these ladies are. Grateful for their friendship and heart for God's glory among the nations...

1 comment:

Juli said...

There are quite a few great coffee shops in Raleigh. I'm trying to think of some of the names. Morning Times, Cafe Helio's, Cafe Carolina are a few that come to mind. My former young adult pastor moved to Raleigh about 7 years ago, and I used to visit down there a lot. He is one of the founders of Lemonade International. Check out that website if you want: www.lemonadeinternational.org.I also had friends that went to Vintage 21 as well. What did you think of it?