Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Little of This and That...

September was such a blur I don't even know what to title this blog post?!. If it is a little loopy, I'll blame it on the after effects of NyQuil.  As I type, Tony is in bed with flu symptoms and I'm taking a much needed day of rest to try and recuperate from this nasal crud.  Grateful to have a day to rest...
 (Above: Joshua outside of his classroom in front of his "All About Me" poster; Below: On a school holiday last week I took my kiddos to a local fun spot called Hillridge Farm.)
 We fed the ducks and fish...

 As well as, the goats and chickens...




 Played in the sand pit...
 Slid down on a sackcloth slide...



 Of course, a photo op for James in front of the ole woodshed...

 More photo ops...





 Tumbling in the hay...
 Followed by a hayride to the pumpkin patch...





 We had fun picking out our own pumpkins...





 Joshua turned 8 years old last Friday!  I joined him for lunch, along with 24 cupcakes to share with his classmates!
 After school, we stopped by the seminary on our walk home to see papa... He had the privilege of speaking at the 9 Marks Conference over the weekend.
 Late Friday night, Joshua opened his gifts from family.  Thank you all for your generosity!


 Titus' sign of contentment: chewing his bone in the middle of us all...


 Joshua has been saying for awhile now that he wanted a suit.  His eyes lit up when he opened up just that!
 What an entertainer he is, ha ha...
 Perfect fit!
 He stayed "in costume" while continuing to open...
(Ok, random slide picture... too tired to rearrange... sorry)
 Back to the birthday boy...

 Another 'out of order' picture... a.k.a. before the unwrapping commenced...




 He is ready for basketball season...
 Saturday morning, pumpkin painting time...
 The girls and I ran over to IDC's building for a joint baby shower.  Ashley Poole put together a beautiful, crafty shower.  I may need to hire her for creative influence in my life, ha.  Anyways, I snapped a quick few pics with the moms-to-be (we have at least TEN expectant moms at IDC -what a blessing!)  I love these sisters:
The beautiful Samantha Anderson...
 The lovely Erica Keith...
 Sweet CaryAnne surrounded by two precious moms...
 After the shower, and trading two of my girls for Shauna's two boys, we were off to prepare for Joshua's birthday cookout...
 I love our carport... the rain did not dampen the excitement...
 The grill master...
 The highlight of the party... who doesn't love a piƱata?!.
 The welcoming committee...

 Happy birthday boys...
 Sibling support...

 Boys don't care about a little drizzle... stick ball game on!


 Quick break to open presents...



 The real entertainment...
 Sunday morning dressed...
 A little fun on a school night enjoying a new game together...joy.
 Wednesday was International Walk to School Day.  My elementary crew and I walked downtown Wake Forest to join the rest of the school, mayor, principal, city officials and police officers to celebrate.

 You'd have to zoom in to see, but each of these crowd shots were actually of each of my four elementary kiddos with their classes...




It was fun to be together... but weird with my oldest now in middle school, doing his own thing... They grow up too fast... plain and simple...

Thank you for your prayers as our family (and probably many of yours as well) fight off the cold and flu season.  

No comments: