Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Deeper Still Conference

Though I was not able to take part in the Deeper Still conference held this past weekend in Atlanta, I have been moved by testimonies of many who were able to participate.  Check out the blog updates posted on the link above by a precious Sister in the Faith, Michelle Hicks. Praise the LORD for the work He is doing!  A challenge has been put forth to commit to pray every Thursday at 12:00 PM for a spiritual awakening in our country.  Will you take part in this? Oh, that we would ascertain the seriousness of the times we live in and stand for Truth in this world of relativism!
"If you abide in my Word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." (John 8:31b-32)
"Sanctify them in the Truth; Your Word is Truth. As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world." (John 17:17-18) 
May we abide in His Word and walk in His Ways for the glory of His Name - Jesus, the One and Only!

1 comment:

asmith4him said...

Hey there.... I have often wondered how I leave comments on here and I FINALLY saw the "comments" in the lower right hand corner. Kim I visit your blog almost daily and enjoy seeing what God is doing in your life as well as Tony's. Thank you for sharing!!

Mom, Aunt Carol, and Cousin Andra and I had a wonderful, memorable time at the Deeper Still Conference in Atlanta, GA. It was amazing to see all the women there singing, praising, praying, and studying God's word during the messages. Each speaker, Kay, Priscilla, and Beth brought forth extremely powerful messages. Each were moving and allowed God to touch my heart and life.

I must also add that I didn't know much about Mandisa (the American Idol contestant on season 5). She sang and ROCKED THE HOUSE! Not only did she sing amazingly she also openned up, shared her testimony, and encouraged the entire audience to serve and praise him through all things. I am not a huge fan... :)

I am thankful for the weekend, the ability to spend time with loved ones in such an amazing setting. Though I felt out of it at times due to baby growing in the belly, it was all just wonderful. (Even the crazy hotel packed with people, scary elevators, and walking ten or more blocks after 10pm Friday night in downtown Atlanta.) God was the focus on the adventure and it was wonderful!

Love you... and thanks again for sharing your life on this great BLOG!!!

~Your sister, Amanda