Friday, January 29, 2010

Music to My Soul...

"For He satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things." (Ps. 107:9)

"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water." (Ps. 63:1)

"Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! Oh, fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack! The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing." (Ps. 34:8-10)

"For Your steadfast love is great above the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let Your glory be over all the earth!" (Ps.108:4-5)

The weekend is upon us... What an honor it is to have been invited to participate in a women's retreat these next 36 hours or so with FBCNO on the NOBTS campus... I'm looking forward to concentrated time away to refresh and refuel... My soul thirsts for the Living God... the Fountain of Living Water... the Lover of my soul Who is great and greatly to be praised!

The theme of this retreat is Artist of My Soul... The lyrics of an old Sandi Patti song paint the picture of our focused time away...

Oh Lord of light, of form and hue, 


Who has created all things new, 


Create in me, from shapeless clay, 


An instrument on which you play. 



God of the dance that planets tread, 


Who walks beside and soars ahead, 


O let me move to worship Thee; 


come, Holy Spirit dance with me 



God of the Living Word, Poet of Time, 


teach me Your words

in Your cadence and rhyme. 


O Lord of beauty, Lord of art, 


Who gives a song for every heart, 


carve out my life, reshape and mold; 


And be the artist of my soul 



Teach me Your words in

Your cadence and rhyme. 


O Lord of beauty, Lord of art, 


Who gives a song for every heart, 


carve out my life, reshape and mold; 


and be the artist of my soul. 




"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

May we each find time to break away from the routine of life to drink from the Fountain... to be restored and refueled to walk faithfully in what our Abba Father has set before us... may we be about bringing glory to His Name - the Most High God...

Thank you for your continued prayers... Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: