Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cherished Little Book

My sister recently mailed this back to me... a cherished childhood book...
...inside my mother's handwriting to present as a birthday gift from my newborn sister...
As you open to the first page it reads,
"GOD IS GREAT."
And on to remind us that
"GOD IS GOOD... God gives us everything we need... God is LOVE... God is the love of our mother's kiss, the warm, strong hug of our daddy's arms... God whispers to us in our hearts:
'Do not fear, I am here
And I love you, my dear.
Close your eyes and sleep tight
For tomorrow will be bright -
All is well, dear child.
Good night.'"
(My Little Golden Book About GOD by Jane Werner Watson)

"See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are." 1 John 3:1

I needed that today. God is so good. :)

"For He satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul He fills with good things." Psalm 107:9

No comments: