Monday, March 28, 2011

Seven Weeks...

... and I confess, it's a bit overwhelming at times... There is much that remains to be done before our departure day, but I won't bore you with it... :) Meanwhile, here's a snippet of the past weekend:
Friday afternoon, I had the pleasure of hanging out with the "D17" group for their monthly Bible study fellowship. ;-) Christy coordinated things so that I could drop my kids off with "Pops" (a.k.a. Christy's dad) at her house while we went to fellowship with Ainsley and the girls. I shared parts of my faith journey with them and enjoyed our time together. Wow, twelve years old seems like so long ago?!.
One of the many blessings of Christy's friendship is that our kids play so well together. :-) While they were either jumping on the trampoline, shooting hoops or fishing in a ditch, we had some big girl time... which was nourishment to my soul...
Joshua loved following his big brother around and playing with "my friend Harry". :-)
James, "Mama, Harry is my bestest friend." :-)
I had to snap a quick pic before the bunny ears popped up!
Ella is the cutest!
Saturday was a morning of playing musical soccer fields... I felt a little all over the place trying to catch a little here and a little there. James had an incredible header at the end of his game (and woke up Sunday morning crying for Uncle Ryan to come give him an adjustment!).
I did not have my camera set to video as I'd wanted, but here is the picture right before Joshua drove the ball down the field and scored a goal.
I did not manage any pictures of the girls playing soccer. They struggled as a team and ended up playing defense most of the game. Both girls scored! But, Jana scored her team's only goal. Yeah, Victoria scored for the other team, ha! They had fun. Angela was my helper with keeping track of things. :)
After soccer games and lunch, Joshua went to his first birthday party for a friend. He had a blast. After early afternoon baths, we loaded up and headed to Gulfport to pick Tony up at the airport. Of course his flight was delayed so we wasted some time at Sonic and elsewhere... They were so excited to get papa home!
On a slightly more random note, I had to post this picture to share what is brewing in our household - ha! The girls are actually the ones who started it. I will say, it was very thoughtful of the boys to make an exception for their mama! :)
Well, I'm off to take James to the doctor to test him for Strep Throat... He was struggling Sunday afternoon and woke me up at 4:30 AM miserable (apparently the ibuprofen had worn off)... poor guy :-(... Then it's time to tackle taxes, never-ending adoption paperwork, laundry, dishes, moving arrangements, yada yada yada... Woo hoo! Let's go! [Trying to give myself a little pep-talk :-)]

1 comment:

Cath said...

Never ending adoption paperwork?
Are you adopting again? That would be so cool. I love reading about how your kids are adjusting. :)
Catherine