Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Family in Two States

This week, Tony took James with him to speak at Student Life Camp at Louisiana Tech in Ruston, LA. Meanwhile, I have 4/5's of our crew back in Wake Forest. I think I'm starting to actually feel like I live here now. ;-) Tony, however, has continued to have an insane travel schedule, ha. He looks forward to being home next week (though may turn into a hermit - ha)...
We've done a little of this and a little of that. Here are some pictures of that... school work... Skype...
This little guy loves to snuggle, especially when there is food around... mooch pooch...
A little run to Target... a favorite past-time it seems...
We went to Walmart another day and picked out a new set of sheets (much needed) for the boys' room... Joshua picked out Toy Story sheets for him and Transformers sheets for his big brother, James...
I finally got around to tackling the boys' room... threw out a huge bag of trash and could have probably thrown out a lot more... next time... ha.
BEFORE
AFTER

It has been wonderful and restful to be at home this week. I look forward to being home for the week as a complete family next week. One of the highlights of my week thus far, was connecting with a new friend and fellow adoptive mom of multiples here named Krissy. ;-) We broke away for lunch on Tuesday. It is a blessing to hang with someone who, as we agreed, "just gets me". Hoping to get the kids and families together soon.

Thanks so much for your continued prayers as we continue to settle! I hope to get into a better swing of blogging soon.... at least, I feel like it is quite slow going these days, ha.

1 comment:

ken and twilla said...

Thanks so much for the blog. My wife and I have adopted three in the last three years. God gave my wife the adoption dream long ago but I did not share it until about four years ago. He changed my heart overnight and then it was off to Vietnam then China twice. We now have two sons, 5 and 12 and the newest addition, a daughter 8. My wife gave me the orphanology book for Father's Day. I am about half way through it - what a blessing. Thanks again.