Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A New Book

Worldliness: Resisting the Seduction of a Fallen World
by C.J. Mahaney
"Life in this fallen world can draw our hearts far from God and from growth in godliness. Worldliness equips you to search your heart for the presence of worldliness and gives practical help for resisting the world's influence in the areas of media, modesty, music, and material possessions."

As I began my studies today, I came across a brand new book from C. J Mahaney (www.SovereignGraceMinistries.org) called, "Worldliness: Resisting the Seduction of a Fallen World".  There are excerpts available on his website if you are interested in learning more.  After reading excerpts from several of the chapters I went ahead and ordered 5 copies.  :)

I was reminded of Jesus' prayer in John 17:16-18, 
"They are not of the world just as I am not of the world.  Sanctify them in your truth; your word is truth.  As you have sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world."  
May our Gracious God grant us grace as we seek to walk worthy of our calling! 

No comments: