Friday, October 23, 2009

"Hanging Out" at John Adams' House...

As I sit by the fireplace in our hotel room trying to post a few pictures from the day's activities, I confess soul thirst for the Word. The Northeastern Collegiate Conference called "Fusion" begins tonight at 8:30 PM EDT. Tony is preaching on John 15. All that to say, I'm looking forward to musical worship and sitting under the Word this eve....
"I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing... This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for this friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you..." (vv. 5, 12, 13)

It was another blessed day of sightseeing and fellowship... We went to Quincy to walk where John Adams was born and lived throughout his life... what a legacy...
Birthplace of John Adams...

Birthplace of John Quincy Adams...
By the way, the this 2 hour tour costs $5 and is well worth it...
The John Adams' mansion purchased upon their return from European life as ambassadors and passed through the family until eventually being given to the Historical Society and state parks...



Behind the house stood the first presidential library (if you will)... Tony was covetous :)....

What a beautiful day and historical experience... if you have not already, I would recommend reading David McCullough's book "John Adams" and/or view the HBO miniseries... both are excellent!
Later this afternoon... I was deeply blessed to reconnect with my friend from years past, Octavia. She and her husband live in the Boston area. She made the trip down to Hull (where we are staying) to visit for a couple hours. I got to hold her precious 3 1/2 month old, beautiful son Cameron! We were roommates in Wake Forest, NC years ago. We laughed at some memories and awed in reflection of where God has brought us these past 6-7 years! I cherish her friendship, and pray that our Gracious God would bless her family, make His face shine upon them and guide them in His truth for His glory.
Please pray for the conference being held here this weekend. May our Gracious God enable His servants to effectively communicate His truth for His glory in all that is said and done here. May He fill each of us to the measure of all the fullness of Christ Jesus and enlighten our hearts and minds to the knowledge of Him...

1 comment:

Our Stuff said...

This is beautiful! I love this history. It is important to me because I am a great, great+ granddaughter of John Adams. I just moved to New York and am anxious to visit all these places of where my family's root are.
Lisa Adams-Kaiser
ourstuffcompany@yahoo.com