Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Joyous Mother

My favorite kind of art...


 "Praise the LORD!  Praise, O servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD!  Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and forevermore!  From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the LORD is to be praised!  The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens!  Who is like the LORD our God, who is seated on high, who looks far down on the heavens and the earth?  He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap, to make them sit with princes, with the princes of his people.  He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children.  Praise the LORD! 
- Psalm 113 (*emphasis mine)

 Out on a daddy-daughter date...
 I love you babe.
 It was Mothers Day all weekend!  My kids came home from school Friday with gifts, woke up Saturday drawing pictures for me, went to church Sunday with more homemade cards and flowers...
 May 16th marks exactly THREE years home from Ukraine and 21 months home from Ethiopia... can you believe it?!.  I scarcely can, mostly because I feel like they have always been home... The Lord is gracious to us.... I love you kiddos!
 This guy could not be any more entertaining, ha ha...  So far it has been a rained out baseball season, but he is ready! 
 Not only am I a joyous mother but a joyous daughter.  The Lord in His grace blessed me with two wonderful godly parents... my mom is one of my best friends.  I am grateful for her in countless ways.  Isn't she so cute?!.  :-)  I love you mom!
 She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy...  She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.  Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all."  Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.  Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.
- Proverbs 31:20, 28-31 (*emphasis mine)
I am also a joyous daughter-in-law... truly blessed with the best mother-in-law in the world!  I love you Brenda!

No comments: