Friday, March 5, 2010

A Day in the Life... ha

Thursday afternoon I had the pleasure and honor to provide a little background music for the Hattiesburg Habitat for Humanity Women Build Fundraiser Luncheon. It was held downtown at the Cultural Center. Mrs. Johniece Dupree, First Lady of Hattiesburg, was the guest speaker.... a wonderful person I might add... What an enjoyable fellowship and fabulous cause! Volunteers are ALWAYS needed so find out how you can get involved at: www.hattiesburghabitat.org or (601) 582-4663.
(Pictured Above: The view from where I was sitting)
After the luncheon, I threw my keyboard equipment in the back of the van, shuttled across town to pick the kids up from school and zig-zagged over to pick up Titus from the groomers. We arrived home about 30 minutes ahead of our overnight company... and an hour or so before my sick husband drug in from speaking at Louisiana College Chapel earlier in the day (4.5 hour drive) and headed straight for bed...
After dinner, Angela and James watched intently (Angela in particular) as Ashley put beads in Karis' hair. Victoria, before getting lost in her DS game, gave Karis one of her princess costumes to have. Precious girlie girls...

Meanwhile, I enjoyed playing with baby Thia... who, I might add, at 14 months has rhythm and a musical ear... the embodiment of cuteness...


Once the kids were in bed, I made a quick run to Wahlgrens to stock up on Flu meds and vitamins... Then Ashley and I enjoyed a little catch up conversation before bedtime. I ended up sleeping on the couch in order to try and avoid our bedroom germ incubator... Thankfully, Tony's fever broke friday morning and he seems to be doing slightly better. Meanwhile, friday entailed mopping, scrubbing and germ-x-ing, as well as laundry.... in fact, my nostrils feel a little lysol singed... ha... Kids are now home enjoying a little sunshine and no homework! :) Please pray that Tony recovers before Sunday morning worship AND for none of the rest of us to catch it! Thanks! Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful family!

Steven Latham said...

Hey, I recognize that song sheet. I made it!