Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Madness...

March Madness this year has been a whole new experience... for more than one reason... First, the obvious... cheering on the "C-A-T-S" (I married into the fan-hood)...
Second... the Merida household has been fighting sickness the whole month of March! Actually, James came down with strep throat the end of February... then Tony came home with the flu which turned into Walking Pneumonia... Jana was home from school four days with fever (which was not strep or the flu?)... I was thankfully only down for a couple days (mostly just worn out:)... now, James is running a fever again... madness I tell you! Actually, it hasn't been that bad. Please note the humor in my commentary. I laughed with a dear friend after having shared a prayer request for my ability to make one-on-one time with each child... Despite being a little under the weather, I've been able to have some sweet one-on-one time with each child, particularly Jana who I was needing to be with most... priceless. I'm reminded of Joseph's response when he encountered his brothers later in life after they had sold him into slavery as a child... "...you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good..." The story of Joseph is a beautiful picture of God's Sovereignty and Providence, as well as humility and forgiveness... so, different context, but same idea of looking to our Sovereign Grace who works all things together for good (read the sanctifying chapter 8 in Romans and worship:)...
I don't know if you can see much in this iphone picture my friend, Christy, sent me... James is up in a tree with her son and his new friend, Harry... The kids are all on spring break this week. One morning, Christy (and her 3) met our crew to meet with Mary Kay in order to plan meals for a local ministry downtown (Christian Women's Job Corps)... Our seven kids had a blast running the halls of a mostly empty church (a lot out for spring break mind you... I don't just let my kids run the church halls :- )... we continued the fun to Wendy's dollar menu for lunch... I sat down with our food first, while Christy was around the corner. A lady came up later and said she thought I was the one with all the kids and wanted to treat us to a meal! Christy laughed and said, "Well, that might just be you here shortly!" Ha! We'll see about that... not my aim... considering, I was a little distressed prior to traveling to Ukraine last year over the thought of TWO... now we have FOUR... I don't remember life before, nor do I miss it... seems so natural, as if we were born for this... hmmm, providence and grace of God?!. :) Children are a blessing from God (Psalm 127)... wherever HE leads I want to go... stay tuned for an adoption update in the days ahead... :)
Christy also took a picture of James holding their new addition above... he came home wanting one... too bad Titus would eat it... ha ha...
Wednesday was a day of "vegetation" as I like to call it... James didn't even change out of his pajamas until 4 PM in order to run an errand! Later the girls helped me make dinner and cupcakes to celebrate St. Patrick's day. We made jambalaya - yummy! We are gearing up for Tony's return from Dallas and a family retreat to New Orleans for a couple nights. Looking forward to sharing our old stomping ground with our kids. :)
Thank you for food some of you so graciously showered upon us during our March 'Germfest' Madness (Cara, Leah and Ingrid!) Thank you for graciously babysitting some so I could run some errands (Amy and Amanda!) Thank you most of all for your continued prayers!

No comments: