Thursday, February 16, 2012

Catching Up After Friends & Family Fun...

Recently (and by that I actually mean the past few months really) it's been so busy that I am locked in a perpetual state of catching up... There seem to be so many things going on I'm forgetting things, which is not my norm, nor is it a good feeling. Meanwhile, many of those things have been wonderful time spent with friends and family...
A New Orleans dinner with our friends the Calcutt's and the Coe's...
Red Beans & Rice
And homemade King Cake!
Victoria got the baby!

Sunday after church we enjoyed lunch (a.k.a. Valentine's party for the kids) with the Sigmon's...
Gabrielle and Grace could start their own restaurant or catering business...




This picture was slipped into our bedroom and propped against my dresser... treasures...
My parents drove down from Virginia Monday evening and took us our for Smithfield's BBQ (one of Dad's favorites)...
My mom's dog loves attention but Titus is quite the jealous one... He couldn't stand for me to pick her up, he had to be there as well. Hilarious...


Tuesday evening was the best Valentine's Day ever! We could care less about the actual holiday, but, it was the only night we were available to see Les Miserables (my all-time favorite!) in Raleigh (and a perfect night at that!).
We had a fabulous double-date with my parents (including some charbroiled oysters from Shuckers beforehand)...
This was actually my third time seeing the production (1997 or 1998 in Knoxville, TN & 2002 in Washington, DC). I believe this production was the best of all three! It brought back a flood of memories (as music often does)...
Under the tutelage of 'Meme', we studied the story of Victor Hugo's Les Miserables in French class during high school. My friend, Tammy, and I would sing all the songs of the musical (yes, I have the piano music). One comical memory was a time we were driving back from a Redskins' game in Landover, Maryland. We sang songs from Les Mis, as well as Phantom of the Opera in order to help pass the time in game traffic. Anyways, a brief walk down memory lane.
I hope you will have the chance to enjoy as well... A story of injustice, grace, love and redemption set to powerful music and theater.

Speaking of theater, I may have a child or two who like to perform (ha ha)... My children broke into a spontaneous dance party at Smithfield BBQ... It was hilarious...

No comments: