Thursday, February 23, 2012

Holiday Weekend...

The kids got out early on Friday and had both Monday and Tuesday off of school! Typically, that second day (i.e. Tuesday) is a built in snow day, but the winter has been quite mild this year...
Tony was speaking in Tupelo Friday and Saturday, so the kids and I played... James made a teepee and I played corn hole with my other four kiddos... oh, and we also went to Dairy Queen... my weakness...
Sunday after church the Merida 7 headed to Virginia... through the snow...
However, once we got north of Fredericksburg it was sunny... ha. The kids were very confused.
Yet, excited to see cousins and grandparents!
Angela and Isabel reading the Jesus Storybook Bible...
The Monday morning view for my parents' front window...
Glad the kids got to play at least one day this winter in some snow... even a snow dusting at that...
Jess and I... sisters... a gift.
Mom playing marbles with grandkids... a board my grandfather made and played when mom was growing up in Indiana...
They love it... Ashe was so focused...


Sweet faces...
Silly faces...
Chaos (not uncommon at the Meadows' home - ha ha - especially when kids in town) before the Thornberg crew had to head north...
Joshua and Poppop...

After Rick and Jess and the kids left, the boys went up to Quantico for "high and tight" haircuts...
Jana, my resident artist, with some assistance from little brother...
They decided to draw my sister's dog, Koa, in since our Titus was back in North Carolina with a friend...
Koa, just chilling...
Tuesday early evening, we headed to LaRosetta's for Mardi Gras meal... I had my all time favorite: Crawfish Étouffée...
Mom had Seafood Gumbo...
And the kids were hilariously in awe of the critters in the soup...

Some clips for your enjoyment... Snowy drive...
Snowball fight with what's left of the snow...
Titus enjoying his DQ treat...

No comments: