Thursday, August 28, 2008

Quick Update...

Dear Friends and Family,
I have many more pictures to post from my recent trip home to Virginia, however technology has not been my friend these past 24 hours. So, stay tuned... Meanwhile, it has been an incredibly busy last 24+ hours. I flew back to New Orleans yesterday evening and began packing up our house. The packers came today and the truck comes early tomorrow morning (Friday). If all goes well, we will close on our new house tomorrow afternoon and officially move in on Saturday.
We covet your prayers for the following...
* HEALTH: I am fighting a miserable head cold, sore throat, etc.. resulting in major fatigue.
* TRAVEL: Driving, closing and moving in.
* WEATHER: T.S. Gustav is threatening our region (as you know). If a mandatory evacuation is ordered, our moving truck with all of our goods will NOT make it to Hattiesburg until the storm has passed.
* ADOPTION: We hope to receive an update on our status in the next two weeks.
Thanks for your prayers and friendship. Blessings to each of you!

2 comments:

Martha Morris said...

My prayers are with you for a quick recovery and for your truck to get to Hattiesburg. Us gals need to have our "nest" made in order to rest!
We missed you, sounds like a great time with your family.
Please let me know if I can help in any way during this transition time.

Molly said...

hey Kim! I want you to know that I'm praying for you guys and the details of all the stuff going on in your lives right now. It was so great to see you while you were home and I'm sorry that annoying sore throat turned into an even more annoying cold! I hope you're feeling better and that you were able to move in this morning. Cant wait to see pictures!