Friday, April 17, 2009

Grace's Shoes

"I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."  Matthew 25:35-36

We took a picture of our daughter, Grace's shoes, and one of the things I was reminded of was that there are people all around us with all kinds of needs.  Sometimes we feel like we have to leave the country in order to do something glorious for HIS Name sake...  When in reality, we just need to open our eyes to the needs of our neighbors.  

*Temple members: Please Don't Forget about the upcoming clothes closet at Lighthouse Rescue Mission on May 2nd.  What an awesome opportunity to "open our hands that we may share His grace".  See the church website for more details...

2 comments:

Elsie Hall said...

Wow! And to think of the slightly worn shoes Aiden has grown out of that are sitting in our attic...

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

This story is heartbreaking but all to true. On top of this thought, just think there are some babies throughout the world who don't even have shoes! It's absolutely heartbreaking! At least Grace will soon have warm shoes and a full belly! Praying for you guys, too!

Love