Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Birthday Boy...

Here are two of our original referral pictures from Eyasu back in Ethiopia...

Today Eyasu officially celebrated his 6th birthday! I took cupcakes to his Kindergarten class for their snack time, got the kids all sugared up and then left poor Mrs. Knight and Mrs. Waites to fend for themselves... sorry... but, we had fun. :-)

Have I mentioned or at least hinted that each of my children have absolutely captured my heart?!. :-)
Mrs. Knight leading the class in singing happy birthday...

After cupcakes, Eyasu got to help with the daily activity board exercises... day of the week, weather, etc...
After school activities included homework (of course), playtime, dinner (yummy shish-kabobs with potatoes & salad I might add), family tee-ball game, then cake with ice cream... I think I've gained 5 lb. just tonight?!.




Eyasu received two birthday cards in the mail today - perfect timing! One from his sweet adoptive grandparents (Clyde & Mildred) and one from his great grandparents in Virginia, both with money in it. His eyes were big when he opened them...
Happy Birthday baby!

2 comments:

Scott, Chrissie, Skyler & Vern said...

We love your pictures of the kids and seeing how much Josh has changed in such a short time. I have started posting more, since my grandparents are not on facebook so they can keep up with us. And see our kids whenever we find them :-). ScottandChrissie.blogspot.com
I'll call or text we are driving your way in November.
Love you and keep being an awesome Mommy.
Chrissie

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

What a wonderful day!!! Happy Birthday, E!!! Wishing you many, many more wonderful days ahead.